Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Customer Service People

I just want to thank all the customer service people out there who:
  • Smile.
  • Look me in the eye.
  • Respond.
  • Respond kindly.
  • Ask intelligent questions.
  • Are dedicated to finding a solution.
  • Know that I (the customer) am not always right, but still treat me politely.
  • Are friendly.
  • Respond to my child when he speaks to them. 
  • Cast their cares upon the Lord instead of taking out their anger on me.
  • Actually enjoy serving.
  • Communicate in complete sentences what they are doing, instead of just mumbling "Hold on."
  • Don't walk away while I am talking to them.
  • Say "please" and "thank you."
  • Say "ma'am" and "sir."
  • Lead me to a product instead of waving their finger in a general direction and saying "somewhere around those aisles over there, I think."
  • Don't pretend to ignore me and run away when I am obviously coming to ask for help.
  • After helping me, ask "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
  • Apologize for their mistakes. Without making excuses.
  • Apologize for their company's mistakes.
  • Apologize when I have had to wait for service.
  • Apologize for not carrying the product or service I need.
  • Apologize when they are unable to help me for any reason.
Decent customer service is so rare nowadays. It's downright disgusting. I don't know if it's Big Corporate taking over the world, or technology replacing face-to-face communication, or your mama just didn't love you right. Or maybe you were just never taught.

In any case, thanks to those few servant-hearted people out there who still believe customers matter.

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Agreed!!! We were just talking about this last night!