Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry

Because I avoid cooking with soy, my stir fry recipes have been re-worked not to include it. Soy allegedly contains phytoestrogens (chemicals that act like estrogen in the body), and too much estrogen at my age can contribute to PMS and migraine. So I avoid soy sauce and all things soy.

If you are menopause-age, however, soy/estrogen may help you.

I'm a big fan of stir fries and this is the first of several I hope to post. This one is meatless and you feel good after eating it. It's just flavorful and healthy.




1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 c chopped onion
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 c broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vinegar
2 c uncooked rice, cooked

Heat canola oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add all the veggies and stir fry for two minutes. Cover to cook through, until tendercrisp. Mix sesame oil and vinegar; pour over veggies. Serve over rice. Serves 4.

No comments: