Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pumpkin Seed Vegetable Dip

My husband grew up eating lots of raw veggies, so has really developed a taste for raw and today can eat them plain. I have seen him grab lettuce leaves and just munch on them. Like a rabbit.

But I never developed that taste and therefore I need DIP. Really tasty dip. Like ranch or a good hummus. I can feel a difference when I get my raw veggies so to me it's worth making dips... and green smoothies, too.

I was attracted to this dip because it has no dairy in it, and because I had lots of pepitas (pumpkin seeds) in my freezer. Pepitas are SO good roasted or toasted. You can really taste the "roast" in the pesto. YUM.

 


1/2 c pepitas, soaked
1/4 c water
3 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced green onion
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dried dill weed


Drain, rinse, and roast pepitas at 350 until just crisp.



Grind them in a high-speed blender until it becomes a flour. 
Add the water and process until it's completely blended. 
Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. 
Pour into a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until thick.



Cool and refrigerate in a glass jar.



You could probably dip even your worst enemy veggie in this stuff and it would taste good. It was delish.

No comments: