Friday, October 26, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

I've been wanting to try making black bean brownies for a long time and finally did it. I used my smoothie maker and although the bottom wasn't screwed on all the way and at one point the kitchen was a humongous mess of chocolate puddles... these brownies still turned out as good as I'd hoped!

This recipe was adapted and you can find the original here.







2 cans black beans, drained
2/3 c melted coconut oil or butter
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 c agave nectar
6 eggs, beaten
1 c chopped-up bittersweet chocolate
2/3 finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13" pan. Place all but the final three ingredients into a blender/food processor; blend until smooth.Fold in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.

I stored mine in the fridge because I preferred them cold. We have been enjoying them with sugar-free ice cream. Chocolate + Protein = Fabulous!

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog