Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Chai Bars

I really like chai, so when I saw this recipe from The Spunky Coconut I just had to try it. These bars are so yummy and make you feel like fall! The following is my slightly adapted version.




2 c pecan pieces
1 c almond flour
10 soft pitted dates
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 c coconut milk
1 can pumpkin
1/2 c palm sugar
20 drops liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 packets unflavored gelatin

In a food processor, puree pecans, flour, dates, and butter. Press into a 9 x 13" pan. In a saucepan, simmer coconut milk, pumpkin, palm sugar, stevia, vanilla, salt, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon until the sugar is just dissolved. Whisk in gelatin and simmer 1-2 minutes, until it looks a little thick. Pour mixture over crust and refrigerate until solid. Store in the fridge.

Scrumptious! I enjoyed these with a little glass of almond milk.

No comments: