Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cocktail Sauce

Shrimp with cocktail sauce has become one of the traditional Christmas hors d'oeuvres in my family.





Yes, I am going to record this "Christmas recipe" in April. I would love to make this more often. But my poor husband is allergic to shellfish, so there just are not many occasions for shrimp.

This past Christmas my mom, sister, and I made all the Christmas food gluten-free and refined sugar-free! We all got to try some new recipes and learn some new things. They actually didn't mind, because they are just awesome that way, and also because they didn't have to plan any of the food! And I love planning the food, so it worked out swell.

Mom made the cocktail sauce. It was superb, and it was this easy:

1 c ketchup
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp palm sugar

Mix well in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator.

No comments: