Monday, April 8, 2013

Creamsicle Green Smoothies

This was my first attempt at making green smoothies. I was really curious to see if what everyone says is true -- that "you can't even taste the greens!"

It wasn't true.

But look at the colors in this. Green dominates.




And look at the ingredient list: banana, frozen pineapple, spinach, cucumber, avocado, almond milk, and water. Green dominates.

The recipe came from The Pure Kitchen cookbook. It's not my favorite smoothie, but maybe if it had some berries or other-colored fruit it would balance out the "green taste."




All that being said, the taste wasn't bad. Just very fresh. And green. The ingredients are super-healthy. Shane really liked the taste and said it was delicious, and I have to admit I did like the cucumber flavor in it.

No comments: