Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Almond Butter

Branching out from peanut butter has been sort of a detox choice for me. If you want to know why peanut butter isn't as great as you thought, read this article. But don't click on that link if the knowledge will only serve to annoy you.

Other nut butters I've tried are sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, and almond butter. Almond butter is my favorite of those three, and I love to use it in baking. Recently I was able to make some homemade almond butter in my Vitamix, which tasted amazing.




Making homemade almond butter couldn't be more simple if you have a blender or food processor that can handle it. You just throw the almonds in there with a little oil. I used the tamper to push the nuts into the blade. It turned out smooth and creamy.




I wish I could tell you that making my own almond butter saves money. It doesn't. Raw almonds are expensive. But it does taste great!

No comments: