Monday, October 21, 2013

Brownie-Crusted Fruit Pizza

This was inspired by brownie-crusted berry pizza, which is a recipe found in The Pure Kitchen cookbook by Hallie Klecker. I used a tart pan. It turned out really pretty!

The brownie crust is made from unsweetened baking chocolate, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking powder. I baked the crust, then added the toppings.





Over the crust we have cashew sweet cream. This is my favorite part. You soak cashews, then throw them in a blender with agave nectar, water, and vanilla. This cream is so yummy. I could just eat a whole lot of it all by itself.





For fruit I used strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi. Sweet combination. I have also used clementines.





And there you have it! Perfect treat for Mother's Day... or your fruit-loving husband's birthday. :)



No comments: