Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Never thought I'd be making my own chocolate chips, but it was worth it. There are no chocolate chips out there that don't contain sugar or sugar alcohols. And this was super easy. I got the recipe from Delectably Free.

2/3 c liquified coconut oil
1 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c agave nectar

Using a double boiler (or a saucepan with one inch of water, with a glass bowl over it), whisk everything together until the chocolate is shiny and smooth. Remove from heat. Pour chocolate onto a jelly roll pan lined with parchment, and spread. Cover and freeze until set, about an hour and a half. Remove chocolate from parchment and cut into chunks. Store extra in freezer.









I used these chocolate chips in place of carob chips in the Carob Chip Cookie recipe from my Simply Sugar and Gluten Free cookbook. Worked like a charm! And they were gobbled up fast. :)


No comments: