Friday, February 1, 2013

Sunbutter Cups

My #1 favorite candy is the classic Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. So of course I had to make these! I found them at the Spunky Coconut. I already knew I liked Sunbutter, a sunflower seed alternative to peanut butter, because I had used it on one of the elimination diets. (And I happen to be avoiding peanuts again at the moment, so this was a great time to make them.) The only thing I did differently from the Spunky Coconut recipe is that I used homemade chocolate chips instead of Chocolove.





2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c liquified coconut oil
1/2 c agave nectar
1 c sunbutter
1/8 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
1/2 tsp salt



Melt chocolate chips to a fudgy consistency. 

Spoon a couple teaspoons of chocolate into 24 mini paper cups in a mini-muffin tin. 

Mold the chocolate up the sides of the cups.




Add agave to liquified coconut oil, then pour into a mini food processor. 

Add sunbutter, stevia, and salt. 

Pulse until mixed.




Fill each cup to the top and freeze until solid.




Keep these in the freezer and enjoy about 15 minutes after taking them out.


No comments: