Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mayonnaise

Recently I began making my own sugar-free, soy-free mayo. This recipe is also egg free, mainly because I didn't want to hassle with raw eggs. I adapted my mayonnaise from the recipe at Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom. With a few changes to fit our needs and taste, I like what we ended up with. I preferred not to use olive oil because the taste was so strong, and little to no salt. This mayonnaise works on sandwiches, in casseroles, and most commonly in my apple salad lunches.





1/4 c canola oil
1/4 c water
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp agave nectar
2 tsp white rice flour
1 tsp arrowroot starch
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)

Put everything into a mini food processor and pulse until the mixture emulsifies and thickens. Store in the fridge for up to one week. Makes a half-cup.


No comments: