Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

I was looking through 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter in the Bible), and reading all those beautiful descriptions of love. When I thought about some of the descriptions, Shane automatically came to mind. I can confidently say these things about him: 


Shane is patient, Shane is kind. 

Shane does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud.  

Shane is not self-seeking, he is not easily angered, he keeps no record of wrongs.  

Shane does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  

Shane always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


Notice that I did not list all of the descriptions of love that are listed in 1 Corinthians 13. Just the ones that stood out to me which I have truly recognized and experienced coming from Shane. But what a gift to be able to say any of these things about another human being! 




As I receive God's love this Valentine's Day, I am receiving the gift he has given me in my husband. Not a perfect lover, but perfect for me. The kind of love that Shane shows me is less than perfect, yet it is the strong, steady, faithful kind of love that perseveres through high waters. I am blessed.

No comments: